In this semester, I am taking an elective course about English. The instructor for this class told his whole class one site that is useful in studying English (mostly listening practice). I like using this site because it has a lot of listenings, some questions about them and there are also short videos that are related to each listening topic.
Some of the listenings are easy but a few of them are a little difficult.
This is a screenshot of the site.
Randall's ESL Cyber Listening Lab - http://esl-lab.com/
The only thing I don't like about this site is some pronunciations are unclear. I might have this problem because of my inability to understand English completely but kids talk a lot more unclearly than real kids in English-speaking countries. Other pronunciations are pretty clear because they sound almost as same as the ones in TOEFL and TOEIC listenings. Exercises are useful because they ask ones that are necessary to remember and therefore important. However, I remember reading questions that ask for details that are not so important. I think the creator of this site did a great job on coming up with questions with unimportant answers because those questions truly test our listening abilities.
Not only listening, but there is also a vocabulary lesson. Learning more about language is also possible by using this site because the creator didn't only focus on listening. Study handouts are also available in PDF files and there are also vocabulary quizzes to test your English vocabulary knowledge.
Even though there are a lot of functions and English-learners can use this site well to improve their English skills, I still don't think listenings in this site are as well-made and well-recorded as TOEFL and TOEIC listenings. They are all too short since they range from less than 40 seconds to 5 minutes. Also, there are only four or five listening problems. Therefore, this site will be a better use if it is used only for a reference, not a main source of studying English.
Learning English
-
Hackers
http://www.hackers.co.kr/
Please check this website.
I think some of you already know this website.
Hackers is well known for teaching TOEIC, TOEF...
16 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave comments here.